Friday, September 19, 2008

Favorite Time of Year

Starting about October and lasting until January, my favorite time of the year is officially here. It's not Christmas, it's not Thanksgiving.

It's prestige movie season!!!

I love this time of year because for the most part the quality of movies is astounding. The films offer something for the mind to chew on instead of the simple entertainment of the summer films. Generally, more than 70% of my favorite movies of any given year come out around this time of year. I will admit that I probably sink too much money into going to the movies but I love it. But here's a list of some of the movies I'm looking forward to seeing:

-Revolutionary Road
-Quantum of Solace
-The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
-Crossing Over
-Yes Man
-Seven Pounds
-Milk
-Defiance
-The Day the Earth Stood Still
-The Brother's Bloom
-Valkyrie
-W.
-Body of Lies
-The Changeling

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there are others.

Jack

P.S. I think The Dark Knight is probably going to end up being my favorite movie of the year. It's pretty amazing even if it's not necessarily the most "fun" movie.

No comments: